When automobile defects result in car accidents, product manufacturers can be held liable for the injuries you suffer as a result.
Vehicle maintenance plays a significant role in traffic safety. Unfortunately, even if you are diligent in the care and upkeep of your car, manufacturing defects can put you in danger. When car accidents occur as a result, they can cause serious and potentially life threatening injuries. At Bednarz Law, our Nashville product liability attorneys act as a strong legal advocate in these situations. With more than 60 years combined experience in representing clients throughout Davidson and Sumner County, we provide the legal guidance you need in holding negligent car manufacturers accountable, so you can get the compensation you require to recover.
Manufacturing Defects Put You in Danger
According to crash statistics provided by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), more than 44,000 car accidents occur each year as the result of vehicle maintenance issues. Among the most common culprits behind these crashes are:
- Damaged, defective, or improperly inflated tires, which can cause skidding and sudden breakdowns due to blowouts;
- Faulty brake systems and brake lines, which can make it impossible to stop in traffic;
- Airbags that fail to deploy or those that do so improperly, which can result in serious injuries for drivers and passengers;
- Failed seat belts and shoulder harnesses, which fail to provide protection and can increase the likelihood of injuries;
- Uneven weight distribution in vehicles due to poor design, resulting in rollover accidents;
- Engine and transmission defects, which can cause your vehicle to suddenly accelerate or stall in traffic, making car accidents more likely to occur.
When car accidents and injuries
occur due to any of the above, you can trust Bednarz Law to provide a thorough investigation. We gather the evidence needed to hold responsible parties accountable, so you can get compensation for the injuries and damages you suffer.
Holding Car Manufacturers Accountable Through a Product Liability Claim
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is the division of the DOT charged with keeping drivers and their passengers safe on roadways throughout the country. In addition to warning the public about dangerous driving behaviors, they also maintain a national recall list and work with the automotive industry to address safety defects.
When these companies fail to alert the public to problems or to correct dangerous defects, they can be held liable for injuries that result. At Bednarz Law, we help you hold automotive designers, manufacturers, parts suppliers, and distributors responsible for their actions. Compensation you may be entitled to includes:
- Current and future medical expenses;
- Lost wages and future losses in income and benefits;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and other losses you and your family experience as a result.
Contact Our Nashville Product Liability Attorneys
If you were involved in a car accident which you suspect is due to automotive defects, you need a tough, aggressive attorney on your side. Contact Bednarz Law and request a one-on-one consultation with our Nashville product liability attorneys, to discuss your case and how we can help.